Mathura, 2019-12-08 (VT): The state government, on Saturday, gave approval for 19 projects aimed at promotion of religious tourism in Braj. Of these projects that are collectively worth 211 crore, Govardhan Parikrama Marg development has been allocated maximum funds.
The BTVP had pitched for 37 schemes related to development of tourism in the region, of which 18 are still waiting for government nod. Some of the important ones that were approved are as follows
- Development of Govardhan Parikrama Marg and foothills
- Beautification of Vihar Van and Kund in Raal
- Sprinkler Irrigation for newly planted trees on Govardhan Hill
- Tree plantation on the main access to Krishna-Balaram Kund and Vamshi Vat
- Tourist Information Centre at Mathura Junction Railway Station
- Development of pathway leading to Gate 3 of Shri Krishna Janmasthan
- Development of Green Belt on Vrindavan–Chaatikara Road
- Renovation of Garudi Kund, Bhai Kund, and Rawal Kund
- Conservation of Raskhan’s Samandhi
- Tourist Residential Centre at Govardhan and Radhakund
Development of Kokila Van Parikrama Marg, Open-air theatre and half-built auditorium in Vrindavan, are some of the projects that are pending approval.